New Assignment

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » New Assignment

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 04:10 pm
New Assignment
I am just about done with my assignment here, and am looking for tips on other great places to go. San Diego has been fun, although the endless rain is encouraging me to leave. I am looking for a fun citiy with lots of young people and no rain! Does anyone have a travel assignment they loved?

km 1

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 04:40 pm
It's crazy to hear someone complain about rain in San Diego isn't it?!

What about Arizona? There is always work out there.

surfgirl

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 04:54 pm
Yeah I don't think this is normal weather for San Diego. Most people believe Arizona is all warm weather, but I think it's flagstaff that has a ski resort, crazy huh! I will definently consider AZ, thanks Smile

paigerizme

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 11:42 pm
Scottsdale Az is a really nice Az city-busy but with a little higher pay than Phoenix and a lot less gangs, indigent etc. I live in Palm Springs and looked into working there.

Unless you are into reaaly hot dry weather- I would go really soon or wait til next winter. It is REALLY HOT ( like 120, that cools down to 105 at midnight) from May?June until October?November

Sorry about our lousy weather- very unusual for us

Good Luck

aholcomb803

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2005 03:11 am
New Assignment
I'm not sure if you're willing to travel to the opposite side of the US in search of a great travel location, but if you are, I've got a suggestion. I'm a native South Carolinian, born and bred, and if you're searching for an extremely FUN place to travel to, you might want to consider the Myrtle Beach/Conway, South Carolina area. There are two facilities in particular in that area that supplement their staff with travelers. One is called Grand Strand Medical Center and the other is Conway Hospital. Both are moderately sized hospitals. Grand Strand is located in Myrtle Beach, basically on the beach and Conway Hospital is in a town right on the outskirts of Myrtle Beach but still only a 5-10 minute drive from the beach....the town is named Conway. The Myrtle Beach/Conway area is unbelievabley beautiful and there are a million different things to do!! The locals are very friendly and welcoming....that world famous "southern hospitality" in the flesh. The cost of living is very affordable, especially compared to almost any other similarly sized location in the US. And something else to consider is that in addition to being right smack dab on the Atlantic Ocean, you're only about a 45 minute drive from the Smokey Mountains/Appalachian Mountains and only about a 30 minute drive from the North Carolina Coastline. Good Lord, I sound more like a travel agent than a nurse!! Truth be told, now that I've been waxing poetic about the many splendid virtues of Myrtle Beach I think I've talked myself into taking a mini-vacation there as soon as I possibly can!! Well, anyway, good luck on wherever you end up going, but please do consider Myrtle Beach...I truely believe you'd love it there.[/i]

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » New Assignment
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/27/2024 at 01:32:23