Nurse extender

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Nurse extender

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 09:23 am
Nurse extender

Hello! I'm attending school right now to get my RN. I wasn't planning on working while going, but I got offered a job as a Nurse Extender. I couldn't find a lot of information on the internet, and I was hoping some of you could share your thought, experiences, or opinions on this. Thank you so much!! Very Happy

Ginger Snap

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 01:25 pm
It sounds like a job where you will be trained to do specific tasks that an RN doesn't have the time to do. These jobs can have a variety of titles: Nurse Extender, Nurse Intern, Healthcare Tech, Certified Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, but the roles are all pretty similar.

If you want to become an RN, this is a great way to get your foot in the door, and give you some practical experience.

ga gurl72

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 01:31 pm
thanks for the info. I'm taking anatomy and english next quarter, along with my business technology classes. Does anyone think that the job will be too much, or since it's in the envirnment I hope to be in as an RN, maybe it will help me and give me the physical aspects will I'm getting the mental aspects?

soon2beRN

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 05:53 pm
if its anything like a Patient Care Tech (Nursing Assistant) I think you should DEFINITELY do it !! It will put you in the environment and give you a little bit of an edge once you start clinicals....you'll be familiar with some of the learning and I found those who were Techs in nursing school seemed to do better than those who weren't.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Nurse extender
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 07:21:47