poor lila......please show me the way

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » poor lila......please show me the way

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 04:37 pm
poor lila......please show me the way
i am afghan,studied nursing in germany,live in ca,married with an afghan,who has 2 kids from his previes relationship and we hve a douther together....i have my att til may 2006,i started last year march to study at kaplan it was ok,i feel that i am not ready at all to take the test because my husband wants me to be the housewife,,his secretary,during the day,,his kids babysiter ,,to be avalible for him when he needs me and he wants me to study at the same time and to take the test......some how i dont have the time to study and now i am too scared of the test because i think i don't know anything about nursing any more....i don't know what to do....so please help....tell me or show me a way......lila

soon2beRN

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 05:52 pm
I'm not sure what you can do...it sounds as though you and your husband have different priorities. Maybe you two can come to some sort of compromise ? You need time to study and the longer you go without studying the more difficult it will be to pass NCLEX. You need to keep your mind fresh. It sounds as if you're busy, but if this is something you want to do, you need to try and set aside time every day to study....and not when you're exhausted.
I hope you two can come to some sort of compromise.

cmpadthotmailcom

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 04:21 pm
i made my appointment for the test on wed 12 april........to give myself a chalange....or .......i am.........i don't even know what i am doing......

SharpknifeRN 1

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 08:37 pm
Do this, go buy the NCLEX from mosbeys review book. Take about 4 or 5 days do go thru it. Read the questions give your best answer and go directly to the back to see if you were right. Read the explanations for the right answers. If you do this you will be ready. When I did some of the questions were on the test word for word. Do not read into the questions, let me explain that sence you come from over seas. That means do not assume that the question is suggesting something it does not ask. Just answer it. Don't ask you self well what if this or that. Now assuming that your test is like ours, you will have something like a minute and a half to answer each question. You will not need it so don't worry about that, but spend as much time as you need aswering the first 10 questions. This is so that the computerized test will not be able to narrow its self. What this means is that if you get one of these questions wrong then you will get another question on one of those topics. The second or third questions will get envariably harder than the first and so on. If you answer these quesions correctly then the test will be a general test and will be much easier on you. It took me quite a bit of research to figure that out, but it worked out to be true. I hope I explained it to you well enouph so that you understand what I mean. After the first ten questions just go on and aswer the questions. If the test stops at about 85 questions then you can generally go to sleep that night knowing you passed. That is also part of the program, because at that point it will have judged you to know enouph.
good luck.

cmpadthotmailcom

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 02:48 pm
hey sharpknife----rn,
thanx for ur tips....helped,but do u think its ok to change books now?because iam working rightnow with kaplan books and question trainner...is it ok go over to mosbeys....i dont have realy time...and if 5 days realy are enogh,i would do that....so please reply

SharpknifeRN 1

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 08:51 pm
I gave that one as a popular example, mosbeys was not the one i used myself
It might have been a lipencot. Any professionaly writen book for NCLEX review should be ok. Use what you got. It only took me 4 or 5 days, or not that long, but I had been an LPN and I did not have a lanuage barrier to overcome either. So maybe 2weeks at the outside. Good luck.

Matina

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 12:23 pm
taking NCLEX
I think your biggest problem is your husband. By american standards he is being restrictive. However this is how he was raised I'm sure. Mom stayed at home. Somehow you have to turn him around, or every time you have to stay a bit late, or work a bit more, he'll be making your life miserable.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » poor lila......please show me the way
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:59:58