Occupational Health Assesment

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Occupational Health Assesment

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 01:19 pm
Occupational Health Assesment
I've been accepted to start a foundation in nursing in september, and I've passed my CRB check etc. But in a few weeks I have a Occupational Health appointment.
Do they do a drug test etc? Because, being 20, I do occasionally smoke the odd joint now and again and I'm scared once they find this out it'll be no nursing for me.
Did anyone else have a drug test etc? Please help. I want to study so much to become a nurse, I don't see why smoking weed occasionally should be a problem, but obv it's not going to look good Sad

Ginger Snap

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 03:07 pm
Well, it's not if you don't have a drug problem. In other words, can you keep your hands out of the narcotic drawer? Some facilities use Marinol to control nausea, and if you like marijuana, can you keep yourself from stealing it from your patients?

I'm not saying this lightly or to be mean, but drug-addicted nurses is a HUGE problem in our profession.

As far as a possible drug test, if you know you have several weeks until your appointment, can't you just stay away from the stuff until after your appointment, or are you unable to control yourself until then? If you can't give up the stuff for a few weeks, then you have a problem . . .

mistress

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 03:29 pm
Of course I can stay clear for a few weeks.
I was going to to be safe tbh but I know it can stay in your system for a while. My interview is only a few weeks away so I'm worried it'll still be there. I don't see having a smoke every now and again as a drug problem, but I understand it has a certain stigmatism to it. Thanks for your advice anyway.

tariqmomma

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 03:59 pm
occupational nurse assessment
Mistress
I heard you can take Golden Seal pills and drink a lot of water to get the weed out your system. Very Happy

Ginger Snap

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 12:51 am
I repeat, if you have several weeks before your appointment STAY AWAY FROM THE STUFF. No drug hangs around in your system for WEEKS, and the majority of drug tests out there aren't THAT SENSITIVE.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Occupational Health Assesment
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 11:27:26