NCLEX studying

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » NCLEX studying

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 01:54 pm
NCLEX studying
I am going to graduate in May with my RN, I was wondering if anyone had any studying tips for the NCLEX?

cmpadthotmailcom

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 04:01 pm
nclex
i am in the same situation .........only don't know how to prepare myself for the test my att is til may 6.

soon2beRN

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 05:46 pm
I just took the NCLEX on Monday......I also took a Kaplan Review Course prior to taking it. Kaplan teaches you strategies to answer NCLEX questions and was fairly helpful.
The only thing I have to say is: no matter how many of the Kaplan Review tests you take (their testing material) the NCLEX somehow manages to ask the most rediculous questions !! Me and several of my classmates took the NCLEX and walked out thinking "Did I even go to nursing school?" !!! I would read the question and think I knew where it was going, then get to their list of answers and think "what kind of choices are these ?" they were completely not the answers I would expect under that particular topic. The test is also big on prioritization and delegation so study those types of questions.
I guess what it boiled down to was no matter how much I studied, it didn't matter b/c the questions were off the wall......and apparently several of my friends thought the same thing.

BTW....my results will be available after 9am tomorrow Neutral so I hope I passed !!

cmpadthotmailcom

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 08:50 pm
soon 2be RN,
i wish u that 2morrow will be ur best day ever........u pass.....

abbeygirl

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 11:18 pm
Laughing Study as I hope you have been doing during your schooling. Put your best into it but don't panic out. Take the test as soon as you can after finishing school. Don't wait thinking you can cram more into your brain. Don't go in thinking I can't do this. Don't listen to other people who have had bad experiences. Just go do your best.

When I took mine we were told the computer may cut off at 75 or 235 and that it was at random. Just because it cuts off at 75 does not mean you have passed just that your question level had stayed in the low percentile of questions. Mine cut off at 75. I paniced and I have never wanted a computer to come back on like I did that one. I started thinking about my questions and started counting the ones I though I got wrong. I could not remember driving home which was about 45 miles from where I live in a very big town with alot of traffic. I went home and started looking up things and just freaking out because I had gotten them wrong.

We had to wait about 3 weeks at that time for our results and we were told if it was a large envelope that meant failure and if regular meant we passed. I have never been so relieved to pull a regular envelope out of a mailbox in all my life.

I already had a job promise in the ER. I called the Director of the ER and told her and she put me on speaker phone and everyone was yelling congratulation to me. I went to work the next Monday, which was about 1 1/2 month after graduation and am still there.

You will be ok.

soon2beRN

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 09:12 am
Thank you, campdt for your well wishes.....and it WAS one of the happiest days of my life....and such a relief.

cmpadthotmailcom

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 02:53 pm
hey soon2be rn,
i am realy very happy for u....congratulations for ur rn........
i hopp i can say that soon too.......

soon2beRN

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 08:37 pm
You WILL be able to say that, just believe it, study hard and it will come.......then you too, can finally exhale Very Happy

acercera

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:59 pm
Anybody who wants to help me??
hi everybody. Hope your kind heart will understand my situation. I would just like ask if anybody wants to extend help to someone who wants to succeed just like you. I am planning to take NCLEX yet I don't have the resources to do it. I would like to ask if anyone of you can give me their review book in case you don't need it anymore for review. Saunders, NSNA or any review book you think could help me. I'm also aspiring to pass the NCLEX exam and be successful just like you guys. God Bless. And thanks a lot.

acer

gailhouser

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 08:38 am
acercera
Go to your local library and check there. Ours carries the books you mentioned to help prepare you for testing. You can check them out and have two weeks to study with them. Or take them to the copier and make your own tests to study with. Hope this helps! Smile

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » NCLEX studying
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 12:59:12