lvn lockout

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » lvn lockout

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

notes

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 02:50 pm
lvn lockout
why is it that lvn's are rarely if ever, hired in acute care faclilties, I been trying for the past 5 years, i don't understand this, is it our educational level, our theory level? In the state of california the only they can do that lvn's can't is push narcotics thru i.v.' s.

nursegarcia

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 07:17 pm
Have you tried applying at hospitals that have an inpatient rehab unit or subacute care unit? Most of the time (at least in Ohio), they will hire LPN's. You can specify those units when you apply. It will at least get your foot in the door, then you can eventually train on other units also.

notes

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2005 01:51 am
lvn lockout
thanx nurse garcia, it's so hard here all the rn's have most areas covered even in that area, and it's very frustrating to me. but won't quit trying though, not in my nature, thanks again, good idea.

nursemadduck

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 12:07 pm
LVN's
Very Happy Try working in Texas. I am an LVN here and I have a lot of responsiability. Of course I have to keep my education up too! Smile
But back to the subject
I take patients on Pain Controled Devises, do IV's, pass meds, and so fotrh. I take a regular patient load. Which can be from 4 to 8 patients depending on how many are on the unit.
Lastnight I had 2 Total knee patient, 1 Total hip patient, and a Laminectomy patient. all of which had IV medication, hemovacs to watch, and dressings that had to be monitored. I work on Ortho/Neuro and I love it. 8)

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » lvn lockout
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/09/2024 at 09:40:27