Is it really this bad?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Is it really this bad?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 05:41 pm
Is it really this bad?
I am in LPN school right now and have encountered allot of pessimistic attitudes...was it like this for you all in school too? I keep wondering if I made a mistake entering this program, but if I know this is normal, I'll feel BETTER sticking to what I love! Very Happy I am also an EMT tainee right now...I love the medic field. But if it is always this negative, I don't want to become a snappy old nurse in 20 years.
I'd love so responses, Thanks

houstongirl

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 08:38 am
stress if normal
hi there,
don't give up because anyone that has gone to nursing school will tell you stress 101 is a course you have from start to finish. the important thing to remember is to concentrate on what you are being taught because the classes are short and imformation is shoved down your throat so fast you sometimes miss important information and the stress makes it tough to lean sometimes. I think the reason there is so much anxiety with students is because the pressure that instructors lay on you in the beginning, i am not sure about the lpn rogram but as an rn they told us we won't get much sleep ,we had better pass each test with 75% or better they are almost threatning from day one, i guess they just want you to take things very seriously so forget the other students they will just bring you down at times and so other good advise don't do study groups while it helps as a support thing you won't get much accomplished and time is something you won't have much of. the only mistake you are making is not going into the rn program the reason i say that is because i have been an rn for 10 years now and most of the lvns i know are so awsome and a lot of times so a better job than the rn' and make a lot less money for their efforts and no matter how much you tell your self you will go back to school most never have time or just never do. if i can get thru those two years of military school so can you. anyway hope this helps and stay in nursing either way you will have special bonds with nurses that won't compare to any other friendship and the work is so gratifying if you can look past the other things. good luck!

srsoon2brn

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 09:31 am
Re: Is it really this bad?
nurse in progress wrote:
I am in LPN school right now and have encountered allot of pessimistic attitudes...was it like this for you all in school too? I keep wondering if I made a mistake entering this program, but if I know this is normal, I'll feel BETTER sticking to what I love! Very Happy I am also an EMT tainee right now...I love the medic field. But if it is always this negative, I don't want to become a snappy old nurse in 20 years.
I'd love so responses, Thanks

There are some who are not negative. Maybe you will remain one of them. I hope that I will. Also I encourage you to concentrate on bettering yourself in every aspect, so that you will be the best you can be. This will also gain the respect of your colleagues. I am not a great speller at times myself, however, there are some errors that are blatant, and make us appear uneducated or even stupid. Good luck with LPN school, and hope you go further!

nurse in progress

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 08:55 pm
thanks
Thanks for the advice. I was so excited to see your replys. They are encouraging...and I like to know I'm not the only one. I'll try my best to make it through 'stress 101'....and I'm glad I found this chat room while I do. You all are fellow comrades.... :wink:

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Is it really this bad?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 05:17:35