Need some advice

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Need some advice

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 11:17 pm
Need some advice
Hi All!

I'm a 22 year old senior at Texas A&M and am about to graduate with a B.A. in Sociology. I have spent my entire college career without a clear goal of what I was going to do after graduation. I have known that I love to help people and make people's lives better, but the nursing field hadn't crossed my mind. Last semester I took a Women's Health class and a Human Sexuality class. I throughly loved these courses and found a love for healthcare and through a few experiences have learned that I really want to be a nurse. The problem is I am 21 hours away from graduation and I have only taken one science class that would count as a pre-req.

My question is, do I apply to BSN programs after I graduate? Do I need to take the pre-reqs and then apply?
I work to support myself and am therefore scared about the Accelerated BSN programs that I have found. Is it possible for someone that already has a degree to enter a regular BSN program or will I find it redundant?

I'm sure that someone here has either experienced this or knows someone who has, so any help you could give me would be extremely appreciated!

Thanks again,

M

hjwebb

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 11:22 pm
Hi,

I am in an accelerated BSN program. The classes are only centered around nursing, so they haven't been too redundent. Since you will have completed your BA, I would suggest starting as soon as possible on your pre-reqs, most programs will let you apply when you are still in the process of completing the requirments.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Need some advice
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 08:44:32