ER nurse needs advice pls...

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » ER nurse needs advice pls...

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

noelle4

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:16 pm
ER nurse needs advice pls...
Hi. Is there a preceptor or veteran ER nurse I can get some advice from pls? I am 8 wks new to ER and have some concerns about my orientation (which I cannot discuss w my preceptor unfortunately...)
Also, is there a good book out there or something online I can use to help improve my ER charting/documentation?
Smile
tx
N. in chicago

tat2drn

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 05:01 am
Hey noelle4,
I have been a RN for now three years. If you are having difficulty with your preceptor then you need to talk to her/him... if it is something that you can't talk about with them then go up your ladder and talk with your manager.
Hopefully this finds you still in the er

abbeygirl

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 10:54 pm
ER Nurse
From an ER nurse. You need to learn to stand up now and speak to your preceptor about your problems. If you can not get satisfaction from this one then ask to be placed with a new one. Your first 6 months in the ER can make or break you. If you are accepted by the other nurses they seem to help you more. If you are not they can make your life sad. Don't let it go that far if the ER is where you want to be.

Don't stand back or hesitate to try anything new when the chance presents itself. You will gain the experience you new plus the admiration of the other nurses.

Find you a truly kind nurse and seek all the knowledge and advice from that person you can. If I were there you could surely have mine but I am not so you must rely on others.

Bossy 1

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 06:12 pm
Noelle4, I don't think anyone can really help you unless you are open about the problem. What are the concerns? Be specific. If you have issues addressing concerns, then you really need to reconsider your place of practice. The ER may not be for you... but then again,

NURSING IS THE DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF ACTUAL AND POTENTIAL HUMAN HEALTH CARE NEEDS.

In other words; if you really want to be a nurse, you need to learn how to address concerns. You can start with your preceptor.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » ER nurse needs advice pls...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:52:59