abbreviation help please

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » abbreviation help please

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 03:53 pm
abbreviation help please
Hi, hope you don't mind me posing this quote here from a dictation I transcribed earlier. Need help with abbreviation.
"In regard to her UPJ repair and obstruction, I do believe she needs imaging to look for hydronephrosis as it is possible to develop a stricture at the location of the repair". Is UPJ uretopelvic junction?
David

Bossy 1

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 08:55 am
David,

UPJ is not a standard medical abbreviation, therefore you would have to refer to the hospital policy to see if your facility has adapted this abbreviation to represent...

Most probable, it's an abbreviation for "ureteropelvic junction" which implies obstuction. But no way to know for sure.

Hope this helps.

Drussell52

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 09:51 am
abbreviation help
Bossy wrote:
David,

UPJ is not a standard medical abbreviation, therefore you would have to refer to the hospital policy to see if your facility has adapted this abbreviation to represent...

Most probable, it's an abbreviation for "ureteropelvic junction" which implies obstuction. But no way to know for sure.

Hope this helps.
Bossy, thanks for the reply concerning the abbreviation UPJ. Good day to you!
David

kimmiejs

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 05:59 pm
The doctor probably said A&P repair.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » abbreviation help please
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:20:31