RN exam

  1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » RN exam

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 02:40 pm
RN exam
i am a nursing student in manila philippines, hopefully i will graduate on october 2006, do i still need to take RN exam here in the philippines? i already have a tourist US Visa, i am planning to take the NCLEX in the US after my graduation. pls help...

Very Happy
shining armani
Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:46 pm
Hi Staysophie,
I am a CAnadian. I just wrote my RN NCLEX exam in the USA (passed).
You need to look at the website www.cgfns.com It is the commission on graduates of foreign nursing schools. They will tell you what you need to do. I recommend becoming an RN in the Phillipines and working while you are waiting for the NCLEX and the TN Visa. I don't think you can work with an AMerican tourist Visa.
I also recommend writing the NCLEX fresh out of nursing school because you will have all of the knowledge fresh. I waited for 5 years before I wrote and I had to study alot of the info I haven't used in so long.
Hope this helps.
Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 07:04 pm
I highly reccomend Kapplan they are probably about 400 dollars but most hospitals will reimburse the cost. After all you can't work without a license.
country girl
Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 12:09 am
Kaplan study

I just graduated in Dec. I took the Kaplan course, but I still do not know what to study. I have review books and CD ROMs, but I don't know what to focus on. My test date is the 24th of Mar. I'm a little anxious right now. Got any suggestions?

Thank you
Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 05:44 pm
hey country girl,
i did the same like u(kaplan)and iam in the same situation like u except...i did not make my app. for the test....good luck
eduard 1
Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 05:22 pm
hi evryone

sorry i don't understand all those word like KAPPLAN or NCLEX, i'm also interesting to work in USA but i'm already RN with 3 year of experience in general surgery and general medical (Italy) what have I to do more to come and work there?
could sb to have patience to explain me something?


[email protected]
Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 09:07 pm
Hi ed, I am Jean. Loved italy when I was there. Didnt do your part but loved all I saw. Hope I can help you. Many oriental nurses come to the us to work. Some hospitals sponsor nurses and help them get a green card, but that is usually nurses that are planning on staying in that hospital for a long time. Supplemental Health Care is one of the agencies that does international nursing. You may call or email them and see if they can give you some information their contact numbers are www.travelnurses.com, phone 800-543-9399 or 716-873-5111, fax 716-873-5573. Sorry I do not know the international code, but they are located in Buffalo New York. You can also write to one of the American State Boards of Nursing for information. The California Board of Registered Nursing, P. O. Box 944210, Sacramento California 94244-2100. www.rn.ca.gov. 916-322-3350. For a local agency job where you choose what day to work and can cancel your shift at the last minute there are lots of local nursing agencies. I work for K force --www.kforce.com, the San Diego Ca. phone number and address is 858-450-5000. 5414 Oberlin Dr. Suite 120, San Diego Ca 92121. Euros and dollars were just about equal last time I checked. American salaries vary greatly depending on where you live in the US. New York and California pay the highest. Local agencies in San Diego vary from $31 to 37/hr. I hope this helps you. Good Luck

  1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » RN exam
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 02/24/2024 at 02:23:16