Pet Peeves

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Pet Peeves

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

mindy 1

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 04:57 pm
Pet Peeves
I want to hear your biggest nursing pet peeves! Vent.. it will relieve some of the stress.

Maxine 1

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 05:01 pm
Diapers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeli

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 10:27 pm
Doctors

nursegarcia

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 06:56 pm
I absolutely hate it when a nurse or aide says that they will not do something for a patient because "That's not my patient."
That burns me up!!! Evil or Very Mad

nursePARKHOUSE

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2005 07:38 pm
pet peeves
When IV bags go dry the nurse is not assessing or checking on the patient enough.

easybreezy

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 06:39 pm
When the teamwork isn't there....if an IV is beeping, just go check it, don't spend 15 minutes hunting me down to tell me it is. If it's something easily fixed, just fix it...it's faster! I always will do that. My floor usually works together very well, but that drives me nuts.

lachlynz

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 03:43 pm
Nurses who think they are above helping an aide out!

nursemadduck

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 12:24 pm
Pet Peeves
Yes I hate all that too. Team work is something no nurse can do without.
But one i hate is the nurse know it all. You know the one he/she will tell you everything you did/do is not how to do it. And most of the time the way they do it is not hte best way either.
Here you are with 10 + years in nursing and thins new grad tries to tell you that is not right.

Spiffy McJesus

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 03:34 pm
Staffing. The mantra at all hospitals seems to be "compasionate care".

Then your average pt. load is such that in the rare event you have two minutes of free time in a twelve hour shift your forced to choose between offering a warm blanket or going pee. And this is in ER. It is even worse on the floors.

nursemadduck

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 08:32 am
Quote:
...your average pt. load is such that in the rare event you have two minutes of free time in a twelve hour shift your forced to choose between offering a warm blanket or going pee. And this is in ER. It is even worse on the floors

Yes your are right. I have worked 12 hour shifts as well as 8 hour shifts. Laughing

There is never enough time to go pee or take a sigh of relief. Sad Most nights we have way to many patients Evil or Very Mad and each Dr has their own set of what you have to before the first 24 to 48 hours after surgery is up. Twisted Evil

And then we have to follow protocal for the unit. Rolling Eyes That means if we don't happen to know the protocall we have to get out the manual and look it up. Crying or Very sad Just more work for us. Because if heaven forbid you should fail to follow protocal someone is very willing to write you up. Embarrassed

rascal

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 07:36 pm
thank you all for sharing your pet peeves. i am soon to be moving forward in my education and will be considered a PCA. patient care assistant.
It feels awlkward always when you dont really know what you are doing and would LOVE to be a help. rather than having to ask over and over questions. but i understand that nurses , and i hope to be one of these, are the most patient folks alive.
and you guys are great people. you really, really are!! i appreciate the work you all do. so, i dont have a pet peeve yet, but i wanted to applaud you nurses for the work you do. if no one else ever said it to you.........THANKS
rascal

MacBlobby

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 12:03 am
HIP PROTECTORS!!! How I hate them. Granted they may help prevent a few #NOF's but how often have I seen them remove an individuals ability to manage their own visits to the Loo? Hate them hate them

shining armani

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 02:25 pm
I have 2:
1) trying to get off of an elevator and the people getting on are charging in and won't let you off.

2)Able bodied people who won't get off of an elevator for someone in a wheelchair. That's all

novice 1

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:45 pm
My biggest pet peeve....................someone has already said it. Those

darn dry IV bags. Received 3 of them yesterday (right at the start of

shift) from the "perfect" nurse who's super quick to point out any other

nurses mistakes. Honestly, it just made me wonder what I do to

tick another nurse off???? Laughing

HeatherLPN

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 05:20 pm
I hate that all the paperwork needed to cover everything takes away from patient care. And medcarts/medrooms that aren't stocked or are left a mess.

kimmiejs

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 08:12 pm
Pet Peeves..........
The "immaculate conception" RN and nursing aide for that matter. At one time in our career we were all new RN's or nursing assistants and we needed someone to "show us the ropes". People complain about not having enough help yet when new RNs or nursing aides are hired, we do not want to take the time to orient them properly and many times we aren't the friendliest lot to work with. We have no right to complain if we continue to "eat our young and spit them out".

Some people are so worried that they might have one more patient or they might feel like they are doing more work that they spend way too much time worrying about what others are or are not doing and less time doing what they are hired for and paid to do.... providing quality patient care.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Pet Peeves
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 04:33:15