Patient Foccused Essay

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Patient Foccused Essay

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 11:50 am
Patient Foccused Essay
Hey i am a new first year student and i have been given my first long essay 2500 words. Can anybody help me its patient focussed and i really dont have a clue.
thanks
Katie
xx

Ginger Snap

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 12:59 am
Sorry, you're post is too general. "Patient focused" could be anything. It would help to know what class you are writing this essay for.

And as a side note, don't expect us to write it for you.

stressedstudent0305

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 06:16 am
I am not expecting you to wirte it for me this is ment to be a forum but if you are going to be rude about it then see ya

jessie 1

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 04:26 pm
Hi I'm a stressed student too, and I know how you feel I have two essays to write about ,partnership in practice and patient assessment , was it holistic did I build a therapeutic relationship.? It is so hard and any advice is nice we are not looking for some one to write them for us just share their knowledge and ideas.
What is your essay title?

Lulu 1

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 09:26 pm
Hi stressed student

patient focused essay sounds like it might be a reflective essay.... or assessment essay.

i think if you said more wabout what you ahve to do then its easier to give advice.

Jessie for you pernership in practice try looking up multi disciplanry team and also inter professional working... thats a buzz word at the mo and there's loads of info if you google.

patient assessment is usually using the roper logan and tierney model within the nursing process.... you dont say which branch you are though so this might be different if not adult branch

good luck to both of you with your essays

stressedstudent0305

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 09:04 am
Its adult branch i am working but to tell you the truth i dont have a bloody clue.

Lulu 1

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 07:22 pm
would recommend chatting to your turor and seeing if she can explain more for you... they are there to help and she nmight have some words of wisdom... alternatively make a rough essay plan of what you think you were gonna incorporate and see if she will give feed back on taht... she should be able to tell you if you are on the right track or way off.

you will have been given essay guidelines so have a wee look at them and see if you can pick out they are wanting or if they are a bit 'jargony' then post up here and iwe can try and work out what it is theya re after.

good luck.

stressedstudent0305

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 03:46 am
No way i aint speaking to my tutor. He knows more about plumbing then nursing so he is no good. thanks for your help tho

Lulu 1

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 06:45 pm
personal tutors are there to guide you and expect he knows a lot more about nursing than your giving him credit for.... however if you dont feel comfortable with him then you can ask for a new tutor and this in no way will reflect badly... its human nature that not everybody gets on and you need somebody that you feel enough confidence in.

i changed my tutor when i got one i like i just emailed and asked if shed be mine she said as long as year leader agreed and she did.... new tutor was bloody excellent.

go for it and good luck with essay... you can always ask the module leader too who assigned you the essay as s/he will know exactly what they want.

rascal

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 05:06 pm
hello you all, i am a student as well. and let me tell you. sometimes you have to really dig: at the library, on the internet, calling professionals that will answer a couple of quick focused questions, and that includes tutors. if one tutor isnt worth a dime, seek out another one.
and every resource imaginable. i have found that when i am willing to dig and dig and dig to produce a decent working essay, i feel so much pride to hand it in. and even if the teacher doesnt like it, i know i have dug a canyon trying to learn and record my findings.
i encourage you to keep on diging and keep on seeking for answers.
let us know how it goes.
rascal

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Patient Foccused Essay
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.07 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 10:17:00