help me please!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » help me please!!!!!!!!!!!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 04:39 pm
help me please!!!!!!!!!!!
I just had a baby on september 5th, I just stopped bleeding from that about a week ago or so.. I had unprotected sex once and he pulled out, then i did it with a condom, I want to know if I just stopped bleeding and havent had my period yet does this mean i can still be pregnant??

Bossy 1

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 05:18 pm
Have you ever heard the old saying that "...once you've had a baby; if you stand within ten feet of a man you will get pregnant again!"

The answer to your question is "YES!" That is why women are prescribed birth control upon discharge.

tray bee12

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 06:43 pm
yes i know there is birth control... but I mean.. when I was bleeding it wasnt my period.. it was from the baby.. so how could I have an egg if i havent gotten my period yet?

Bossy 1

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 12:37 am
I'm a critical care, ER and HIV/AIDS nurse. You need to talk to your OB/GYN doctor. Good luck!

Confused

Lulu 1

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 10:29 am
you release an egg 14 days before you bleed, you dont bleed before the egg is released.

it is the mechanism of egg release and the egg not being fertilised that means the thinckened endometrium is expeled as a bleed approx 14 days after ovulation.... if you got pregnant at this time you wouldnt neccessarily be aware of it as the egg would be fertilised andyou wouldnt bleed.

because fertility takes varying lengths of time to return after the birth of a baby and how much you breast feed some women have delayed fertility to 6 months, where as other can return within a month or 2.

the best way of finding out if your pregnant again is to do a test.

depending on the type of contraception you are using it should be commenced before sexual intercourse takes place or other precautions should be used until its safe to use your chosen method.

good luck

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » help me please!!!!!!!!!!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 01:51:21