What do you think about computerized charting?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » What do you think about computerized charting?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 01:10 am
What do you think about computerized charting?
The hospital I am going to be working for is begining to implement computerized charting. What is your experience with it? Do you like it? Do you feel it is beneficial to quality of care of pts?
Let me know
Thanks

km 1

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 04:45 pm
I don't have any personal experience with it yet but I've heard that the biggest difference is the amount of time you save. Computerized charting is making it possible for nurses to end their shifts on time.

Get back to us once you spend some time using it, I would like to hear your thoughts on how it effects the patients.

Mechelle 1

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 11:15 pm
Surprised Well we just started computer charting on our floor. I actually got out on time...lol. But I'll not get too excited yet this was only day 1.

Robyn 28

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 11:16 pm
Make sure to let us know how it goes Mechelle. This one's got me curious.

nurseshark

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 10:11 am
computers
I work per diem in two health care systems one uses computer charting and the other uses paper. I now love the computer charting, once I went to a tips and tricks training on the system it gave me the short cuts and ways to customize my notes. I now have a format that I use as a reminder to write good nurse's notes. On the paper side it is now harder because I have to read poor hand writing and incomplete notes. In time the computerized charting gets easy and better.

nurse retchet

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 01:10 pm
My last hospital experience (the VA system) transitioned from paper to strictly computerized charting and order systems. There was a lot of initial hesitation but once the system was in place most of the staff loved it. There was also the great benefit of being able to access any and all patient information from just about anywhere in the hospital. No more waiting for volumes of charts to arrive from medical records or to have to wade through those volumes.

I personally am a big fan of computerized charting. Most systems come complete with templates that assist you in your charting. Not only does this speed up charting in general but the templates help you cover areas that are easlily forgotten about.

Craig

nursemadduck

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 11:56 am
Computerrized Charting
Hey we are going to start that soon too! I hope it is as good as all that here.
I sure would like to get off on time more often myself.
:wink:

soon2beRN

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 04:32 pm
As a student nurse we worked in two different hospitals....one had computerized charting and the other, paper. I went from computer to paper and to be honest, I have to agree with Nurse_retchet on this one.
Quote:
Most systems come complete with templates that assist you in your charting. Not only does this speed up charting in general but the templates help you cover areas that are easlily forgotten about.

moskvichka

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 11:12 pm
Love it! Of course it gets confusing when half is on paper and half is in the computer. I always wonder why it just isn't all in one place. My hospital uses computer charting by exception which is wonderful. We have all these statements or phrases we can click on which saves soooo much time. Very Happy

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » What do you think about computerized charting?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 08:41:39