lpn to rn

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » lpn to rn

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

VT

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 12:13 pm
lpn to rn
I am interested in lpn to rn distance learning degrees. Has anyone done it,at what school, what was your experience with it. Do you know of any grants for distance learning? Any info would be great. I have 5 years lpn exp.

Spiffy McJesus

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 02:05 pm
This is the only one I'm aware of. It is a good program if you are extremely self-motivated, and self reliant. Don't count on a lot of help from them, though. Word of advice. Avoid the non-affiliated rip offs programs that act as a middle man for the SUNY program. I've heard they are not worth the cost and usually provide outdated study materials as SUNY changes the tests often.

I've known several paramedics who have gone through it successfully as well as a few who dropped out or couldn't make it through their clinical "challenge" portion.

Expect to pay at least $5,000 for an ADN (with clinical) for an ADN. It is possible to complete it in a year, although two-three years is more reasonable especially if you continue to work as an LPN while going through the process.

Spiffy McJesus

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 04:14 pm
It would help if I posted the link https://www.excelsior.edu/portal/page?_pageid=57,53097&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » lpn to rn
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 08:55:06