I am in need for a interview with a RN or LPN

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » I am in need for a interview with a RN or LPN

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 07:47 pm
I am in need for a interview with a RN or LPN
I need to interview a experience nurse for my assignment.If you can help me;however,will you please answer these questions.

How long have you been a---------------
How did you become interested in this career?
What is your educational background?
Was your education adequate or were there areas in which you needed additional training?
What do you like most about your work?
What would you change about your job if you had the opportunity?
What skills do you wish you already possessed when you started this job?
What other jobs have you worked at in this career field?
What tasks does a typical workday consist of for you?
What advice would you give someone starting out in this field?
Is there any other information that you believe would be helpful for me to know? Very Happy
You can send me a e mail if possible.thanks

Spiffy McJesus

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 09:13 pm
How long have you been a RN, Emergency Department
How did you become interested in this career? Started as a hospital orderly. Progressed from there
What is your educational background? BSN
Was your education adequate or were there areas in which you needed additional training? You always need additional training both in your specialty area and general continuing education
What do you like most about your work? Trauma
What would you change about your job if you had the opportunity? I'd like to see adequate staffing
What skills do you wish you already possessed when you started this job? Your are always acquiring new skills. Like anything you learn by doing. The formal educational part is only the beginning
What other jobs have you worked at in this career field? ER Tech, EMT, Paramedic
What tasks does a typical workday consist of for you? You start by checking your eqipment and supplies. After that, nothing is typical. Except people who abuse the system. They are pretty typical
What advice would you give someone starting out in this field? Pretend your a sponge and absorb as much as possibleIs there any other information that you believe would be helpful for me to know?

Feel free to E-mail me if you would like more specifics... Dave

Bossy 1

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 10:09 pm
How long have you been a---------------
RN. 13 years.. ugh.

How did you become interested in this career?
I started college wanting to be a biology teacher, but after two terms of germs, I realized that I really didn't a shit about genetically similar olive trees or fish that swam at varied depths.

What is your educational background?
I have a BSN from Michigan State University.

Was your education adequate or were there areas in which you needed additional training?
Nursing education is continual. I am now specialized in 5 levels of critical care as well as HIV/AIDS care; all which required additional specialization and training.

What do you like most about your work?
The patient care and interaction. I don't understand a nurse that doesn't have direct patient care.

What would you change about your job if you had the opportunity?
More money. We are not paid what we deserve for the work and effort we put into our careers.

What skills do you wish you already possessed when you started this job?
Critical thinking. Of course, you only get that with experience no matter how hard you try.

What other jobs have you worked at in this career field?
I'm specialized in Neonatal ICU, Pediatric ICU, all Adult ICU, Cardiothorcic ICU for neonates, peds and adults, Emergency and HIV/AIDS. I am also a charge nurse and a camp nurse.

What tasks does a typical workday consist of for you?
Too general of a question. It depends on the area I'm working.

What advice would you give someone starting out in this field?
Do your time on the floor. It's so important to learn all levels of nursing and floor nursing is tough, but those that do it are just stronger nurses. I think new grads in critical care should really be discouraged.

Is there any other information that you believe would be helpful for me to know?
Tons! Email me and I'll let you know. [email protected]

You can send me a e mail if possible.thanks

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » I am in need for a interview with a RN or LPN
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 03:38:16