Work related alergies

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Work related alergies

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 12:18 pm
Work related alergies
Embarrassed
For some odd reason lately I have had break outs of hives at work.
Everytime I take time off I get somewhat better. I go to work then I break out in hives a few days later. Sad
It all started Sept 14, 2005 with angioedema. Boy did I ever look like a madduck that mornig as my top lip swelled to an enormus size. Razz
Anyone have any thoughts about it. I need to work
So far I work about 2 to 3 days then take off 3 to 4 days. Not much of a pay check at the end of the pay period. And my doctor bills are getting high because I had to visit the ED 4 times as well. Rolling Eyes

nursemadduck

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 12:20 pm
Re: Work related alergies
nursemadduck wrote:
Embarrassed
For some odd reason lately I have had break outs of hives at work.
Everytime I take time off I get somewhat better. I go to work then I break out in hives a few days later. Sad
It all started Sept 14, 2005 with angioedema. Boy did I ever look like a madduck that mornig as my top lip swelled to an enormus size. Razz
Anyone have any thoughts about it. I need to work
So far I work about 2 to 3 days then take off 3 to 4 days. Not much of a pay check at the end of the pay period. And my doctor bills are getting high because I had to visit the ED 4 times as well. Rolling Eyes

HeatherLPN

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 04:29 pm
Is it a latex allegy? At my work we have gone to all non-latex gloves and that helped a lot of our staff.

nursemadduck

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 11:32 am
work related alergies
Confused I do not know. I have stopped using Latex. But we still have Latex on our Unit.
I see a new Doctor Oct 14. Hope he can find a clue. Smile
I worked lastnight and I have some hives today. I can not continue to be sick nor can I aford to miss work. Embarrassed
Thanks for the input.
Also I have checked with housekeeping to see if they are using any new cleaners. Confused
Anyone else have an idea?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Work related alergies
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/09/2024 at 03:47:48