memory loss

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » memory loss

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 05:33 pm
memory loss
I am a senior nursing student at Husson College. I have a question that I was hoping to get some ideas on. I am taking community health this semester and I am working with a client who forgets to take her night time medications. She suffers from memory loss due to oxygen toxicity. She has written reminders all over her apartment, she has a weekly pill container where her meds are split up for her for each day between her morning and night time. The only reason she takes her AM medication is because there is a PCA who comes to visit her 4 days a week. She doesn't have any close family members to call and remind her. I have tried just about everything, but she can't even remember to look at a calendar. It's like a cat chasing its tail. Any ideas from anyone would greatly help!
Thankyou very much in advance : )

sensuous

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 08:33 pm
Maybe have like a daily routine where you go and show her when she need to take the medication, there is really know way when she has short term memory loss. I mean maybe she needs a private nurse to be there for her!!!

Spiffy McJesus

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 02:07 am
Does she have an HS routine like brushing her teeth? Perhaps her meds can be placed in a small paper medicine cup taped to her toothbrush by her morning caregiver?

Michelleaw83

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 03:03 pm
Thankyou
Thankyou for your suggestions. I will look into trying them out.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » memory loss
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 03:14:53