Nursing Student

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Nursing Student

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 03:23 pm
Nursing Student
Hi! I am another new one on here. I am 19 and currently still doing my generals to get in the nursing program. I really want a job in the hospital to start getting an idea of what it is going to be like and getting experience. I was wondering if any one out there could talk to me about how they started off as a nursing student and the things they went throught to get to where they are now. Thank you

soon2beRN

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 05:04 pm
Hi....I'm a nursing student about to graduate in December......I would suggest working as a PCT (patient care tech) or if your hospital has a student nurse postion that's even better. You'll be able to get hands on experience working with patients and a feel for what its like to work in a hospital. I didn't start working as a PCT until 2 months after I started nursing school, and at the time wished I had started working there sooner. Also, when it comes time for you to graduate nursing school some institutions will give you a higher rate of pay for having the extra experience. Besides, if you get into the hospital and for some reason find out its not for you, you can save yourself time and money and redirect your career path. In my opinion, student nurses who work in the hospital have a slight advantage over those who don't work in the hospital during their schooling.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Nursing Student
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/09/2024 at 07:50:20