NEW STUDENT

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » NEW STUDENT

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

NAT 1

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 08:04 pm
NEW STUDENT
I AM CURRENTLY A NEW STUDENT AND APPROACHING MY SECOND TEST IN FUNDEMENTALS THEY SAY STUDYING WILL BECOME EASIER AND THAT WE WILL LEARN THE APPROACH OF THE QUESTIONS.. dOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO STUDY SUCESSFULY?? pLEASE HELP ME MAKE THE BEST OF EVERY MINUTE USED TO STUDY!!!

soon2beRN

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 07:37 pm
Studying for nursing is different than studying for your pre-req classes in that you have to study to retain the information, so cramming is definitely out of the question. I'm graduating in December and what has helped me so far is to make flash cards, rewrite my notes and even study with a partner or two. The test questions are critical thinking questions not your typical pre-req class test questions.....so you have to take what you've learned and APPLY it to the answer. You have to find the stem of the question to sift thru all the other info to help you find the answer....sometimes if you cover the answers, read the question and answer it in your head THEN look at the answers it will become more clear......I hope this makes sense and I hope it helps !!

HeatherLPN

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 03:33 pm
I always threw out any extra info that wasn't needed to answer the question (our instructors were good for throwing alot of extras in there). Make sure you read the questions thoroughly. I always bought any workbooks that were optional and did the pages in those. That helped me the most. Good luck.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » NEW STUDENT
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 08:26:36