Accredited Nursing School

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Accredited Nursing School

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 11:14 am
Accredited Nursing School
I have applied to a few different nursing schools in my area. Two of which have extensive waiting lists. I have been on waiting lists for a year and a half. One school is new and is approved by the state board of nursing but is in the process of being accredited. I was just wondering if anyone has graduated from school that was not accredited and if they had a difficult time in finding a job.

Spiffy McJesus

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 02:01 am
NO NO and NO.

In order to take NCLEX boards you have to have graduated from an accredited program.

There are a lot of scams out there. Don't be foolish with your time and money.

The only option other than waiting it out and keep applying is an extended degree (self study) program almost anyone with a pulse can get in to. It is offered through SUNY (The University of the State of New York) in Albany. Word of caution. Many are accepted yet few can get through the self study modules and more importantly gain enough clinical experience to pass their rigorous practical exams. It is a good program for LPN's and paramedics who are motivated self learners.

HeatherLPN

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 04:27 pm
We have a school here that is not accredited. They are churning out nurses like crazy. They seem to be getting jobs (some of my friends went there), but don't seem to have all the knowledge that nurses from other schools in the area were given. A lot of students at the school where I went were LPN's, going for their RN, but had to start all over b/c their school was not accredited and their credits didn't count at all, even tho some of them had been nurses for years.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Accredited Nursing School
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 12:42:16