Gut instinct

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Gut instinct

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

mindy 1

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 12:16 pm
Gut instinct
How do you know when to follow your gut instinct and when to just do it by the books? I am frustrated by this because it makes me feel unexperienced. I could really use some encouraging thoughts. Maybe I'm not cut out for this.

head ed nurse

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 06:25 pm
gut-instinct
the only thing i can tell you is this: your gut instinct gives you a 'heads up' you could say on what you think you should do. your education tells you the rest. if you believe that you are right, do what your gut tells you to do and if you're wrong, you'll learn from it. you're gut will save your [size=7][/size]butt many times.......

Ginger Snap

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 11:46 pm
Quote:
How do you know when to follow your gut instinct . . .

If you are a new nurse, you may not have enough experience to have a well-developed "gut instinct". I think this is something you develop through a synthesis of experience and education. When you've been doing this type of work for a while, you'll know when to trust your feelings. Until then, whenever you have a feeling about something, check it out with a more experienced nurse, and find out how he/she problem-solves these issues.

Neznu

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 07:17 pm
You cannot put an old head on the young Razz

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Gut instinct
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:40:07