after nclex, should i still need to take toefl/tse

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » after nclex, should i still need to take toefl/tse

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

mjoydb

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 06:50 am
after nclex, should i still need to take toefl/tse
hi there! i hope you can help me with my predicament...

i'm a registered nurse in the philippines, immigrated to the US via a petition from a relative. I have passed all the requirements to the california board of nursing and currently waiting to receive their response that i am eligible to take the exam..

i am wondering if u you can recommend any good nclex review centers and whether there is still a need for me to take toefl/tse after nclex.

thanks for your reply. Smile

aaureo

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 10:11 pm
well if your already a immigrant there no need for a toefl and tse, but for professional purposes, since our native language is Filipino, yes we do need one for the visascreen. Well IELTS is better so you'll only need to take one english exam, cover, all speaking, writing, listening.How are you nowadays?

glenn 17

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 08:17 pm
Hello guys!
I am a second year nursing student here in the philippines! can I ask if how hard to take an exam like NCLEX and IELTS it seems that all of my teachers who are planning to take those exams are afraid/nervous about it. they keep on talking about it...Is it hard? Question

yoyo 1

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 10:28 pm
May you explain a bit more about IELTS. Thanks

4evrgr8ful

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 05:06 pm
IELTS....in lieu of TOEFL & TSE
Hi there. Yeah, there seems to be a growing number of examinees who would prefer to take IELTS instead of TOEFL & TSE as English proficiency exam. What I heard about the exam is, it has an actual interviewer who would be asking you about certain topics.I've got friends who took IELTS & still failed... many said it's kinda nerve wrecking (facing the examiner) but still others claimed some examiners are considerate enough and would give you the chance should you mess up...

I took TOEFL & TSE and what I can advise is for all examinees to prepare for these exams. The moment I stepped in US soil (2 yrs ago), I had realized the importance of these exams as a good training for effective communication. Get good books and resources on how to get good score.Invest,coz t's really worth it!

4evrgr8ful

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 05:40 pm
glenn_17 wrote:
Hello guys!
I am a second year nursing student here in the philippines! can I ask if how hard to take an exam like NCLEX and IELTS it seems that all of my teachers who are planning to take those exams are afraid/nervous about it. they keep on talking about it...Is it hard? Question

Hi Glenn. Good for you to ask about these exams considering the fact that you're still in your 2nd year in Nursing school. Like most Nursing students, i'm pretty sure one of your goals is to go abroad after graduation...joining the bandwagon I would say. Go for it, with the right motives...

I had my education from the Phils. too, now I'm working here in the US & I'm so proud of how we're doing here as Registered Nurses. I can really say that Filipinos are world class workers given the proper training & exposure to latest technology...Going back to what you're asking, NCLEX is not really a super difficult exam. I would say CGFNS is more intense coz it has more objective type of question.NCLEX on one hand is situational and more on the application side and nursing judgment. Most questions are for entry level nursing so don't expect to find real mind boggling questions.Just stick to the basic stuff. I'm not also real familiar with IELTS coz I took TOEFL & TSE as my English proficiency exams. I did invest on my plan of coming here in the US, enrolling in intensive reviews and purchasing books just to pass these exams...but they were all worth it.

Now that you still have more time to prepare, do everything to materialize your goals. First of all,pass the local board coz it's like the fisrt step in the ladder.After that,other exams will follow...Nursing after all is not all about the bucks you'll be earning when you go abroad but the satisfaction you'll get when you help others get thru their suffering....God bless and keep aiming high...

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » after nclex, should i still need to take toefl/tse
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 01:28:17