ASN in the philippines

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » ASN in the philippines

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 10:44 am
ASN in the philippines
I am planning to enrol on a technical school in the Philippines where they offer ASN (Applied Science in Nursing) course for two years.I have heard that their graduates can't become a registered nurse since the school is a Technical School. They claim that they are affiliated with National League for Nursing thats why they have the US-based curriculum. Can i be qualified to take CGFNS and NCLEX?

Ginger Snap

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 12:08 pm
I certainly don't know the answer to that question, but it seems to me that this school is preparing nurses to become licensed in the US, which, sounds like a good thing for you.

Can't you ask people who have graduated from this school that question? Or the people who license nurses in the Phillipines? They would know if this school is legit.

You also need to ask if this school is accredited with the National League for Nurses. If it is, then chances are very good that you will come out of the school prepared for the licensure exam.

mrln1971

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 08:02 pm
You might want to check with CGFNS itself because they should have the requirements on who can take the test. Like if you need to be Bachelors prepared? Because reciprocity wise I know US government only issued a reciprocity towards nurses who are BSN that are coming from our country and so with the other forms of nursing is questionable. Not to discourage you or anything but check with CGFNS is my best bet.Good luck!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » ASN in the philippines
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 10:42:25