The Wait is on for Foreign Nurses

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing News
  3. » The Wait is on for Foreign Nurses

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

mindy 1

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 03:59 pm
The Wait is on for Foreign Nurses
I was bummed to read that the nursing shortage will be increasing since we have maxed out on visas. There seem to be a lot of international nurses interested in coming to the U.S. But at least there is someone working on the problem

Both Foster and Pollack are urging Congress to act quickly to address the situation created by the hold on employment-based visas, and are providing solutions to the problem faced by all parties: hospitals, nurses and Congress. The Wait is on for Foreign Nurses By Christina Orlovsky

Personally I think if the people coming in to the U.S. are helping us out why not give them that opportunity.

Just clearing my head, thanks for listening!

moomin 1

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 04:29 pm
The major reason why US don't like to provide visa to people from other countries is to protect job secure for american people. This makes sense on the fileds where american might lose job opportunity over someone from other county. But I believe medical field has always been short of nurses and it's causing problems, then why not give them chance to help us?

mindy 1

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 08:33 pm
I completely understand there reasoning because in most industries there is a lack of jobs. But nursing is in great need and it's effecting the people. The only other thought is that there might be a population control issue.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing News
  3. » The Wait is on for Foreign Nurses
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:34:47