Sun 10 Oct, 2010 12:02 pm
Helping teen moms with breastfeeding
I am working on a project to study the influences of nursing staff on teens breastfeeding and to develop avenues to address the variety of issues that will likely arise. I know that there are a wide variety of attitudes and influences on this matter and would really appreciate any input that anyone that works OB can provide. The basic questions our research group is asking is:
1) How often do you work with teen moms regarding Breastfeeding? Never, rarely, sometimes, often?
2) Do you have personal beliefs surrounding teen pregnancy/parenthood and breastfeeding? Please explain.
3) What do you see as barriers with communication with teen moms and breastfeeding? Ideas on how to improve this?
4) Do you find your role is different regarding breastfeeding with a teen verses an older mother, and how?
5) In general do you feel well skilled in dealing with teens and breastfeeding?
6) What do you think are the main hindrances' regarding teens and breastfeeding?
7) Any ideas of how the team of health care providers could improve breastfeeding rates in teen moms?
Thank you thank you thank you for any help you can provide!