1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Moving to Kenya

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

jmbrink

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 12:20 am
Moving to Kenya
Greetings to the overworked and underappreciated Very Happy

I am a 24 year old male looking to become an RN. I have a non-profit in Kenya, Africa, and my ultimate dream is to open a hospital/clinic in a little village we go to every year. This little area just received their first shower & toilet a few months ago -- they have nothing. Anyway - just setting up the scene.....my question is, I'm not sure of the best route to take, education and job-wise, along with the length of time I should have experience in the US before I leave. My soon to be wife is also a nurse, so I'll have the help :wink: At any rate, we will be living there for a few years. My concern is that right out of school I will not choose the right job(s) in preparation for this missionary position. As an aside, time is not an issue for when we move. Any suggestions or comments would be most helpful! I just do not want to be shaking my head in retrospect years down the road. Thanks!

Ginger Snap

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 01:55 am
I'd say that you should try to get some Emergency Room experience along with working in some clinics in the US. That's going to give you the best experience for the work that you want to do. You ought to try to get some management/supervisory experience, too, but it isn't essential.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Moving to Kenya
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 01:02:55