student wanting to pursue CNM degree.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » student wanting to pursue CNM degree.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Jo West

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2010 10:23 pm
student wanting to pursue CNM degree.
I am a RN student that will be graduating this year with an ADN. I am wanting to pursue Certified Nurse Midwifery. I know in the state I live, I will have to have a Master degree to practice. It would be more ideal for me to continue my education for both Masters and my Midwifery certification online. I have had a couple of people tell me not to do the midwifery online. My babies were all born "caught" by a midwife and I have attended other births attended by midwives, so I have a "feel" for this area. However, I need ideas, suggestions, and guidance as to how to go about doing this endeavor of getting licensed degrees. I plan to check with the State Board of Nursing, for a start, but would appreciate any feedback from anyone, especially on whether or not to do it online and how I should do it...get my masters first? work on them both together? and schools for both masters and midwifery programs-online and off. What are the pros and cons with these online degrees? To throw another wrench in, I plan to work, at least part time or PRN, as I do pursue this degree, (and I have children at home as well), so I may need ideas on time management for this degree as well. Thank you for your input.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » student wanting to pursue CNM degree.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 06:38:50