ADVICE...? Please help me think of a way to solve this issue

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » ADVICE...? Please help me think of a way to solve this issue

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 07:08 pm
ADVICE...? Please help me think of a way to solve this issue
Could someone give me a "SIMPLE" solution to this problem....

As everyone knows in the Nursing Home Setting, medication is dipensed thru a med cart with a M.A.R. binder to sign off the medication that has been dispensed to the residents, and at the end of each shift (7-3, 3-11, 11-7) All nurses must sign off and count off on the "NARCOTICS" that have been dispensed thruout the day.

So my question is...how can I make a system up to where all my nurses need to do counts and sign off for the ENTIRE MED CART (all meds, prn, and narcotics)

Its easy to make up narcotic sheets when there's usually a few narcotics for each resident. Now that I need to have the staff sign off in the M.A.R. while dispensing and count all meds at the end of shift it gets tedious and they're going to spend too much time counting all the medications. So Im trying to create a system that would be simple yet serve the purpose intended.

***ANY OPINIONS or IDEAS ARE APPRECIATED

(if you're wondering, this was not an idea from me but from higher authority.... Smile)

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » ADVICE...? Please help me think of a way to solve this issue
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 02:08:08