what is a nurse?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » what is a nurse?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:36 am
what is a nurse?
I just need an opinion on how a nurse is defined both by nurses and non-nurses. anybody can reply.Thanks. Its for my homework.

jeremyrn

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 11:13 pm
A nurse is the person who is busy saving lives while the doctor is sleeping. Nurses are the people who spend more time with the patient and knows the patient better than anyone else. A nurse is the one to intervene when the doc says you're fine but we know when you "don't look right." A nurse is the one who holds your hand as you slip under anesthesia, or as you slip into the next life. Don't beleive what you see on TV, nurses do a lot more than give shots and put on bandages. Be nice to your nurse, they might save your life.

Jeremy

ornursern

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 11:45 am
Agree with above assessment Smile

Bmw22822

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:44 pm
Exactly right there!

tat2drn

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 04:46 am
RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rascal

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 10:29 pm
when i was sick, my nurses were the ones that would listen to me when i felt depressed. and would offer a encouraging word. and knew just the right words to say to pick me up. (thanx nurses)
when my son was sick and died, the nurses were the ones that kept the family from killing each other (because of the stress of the situation)
and were there to help me understand what was going on. helped me keep my head on straight.
the nurse was the one that told me. i had been there for 5 days and 6 nights straight by my sons bed side. the nurse is the one that told me. go ahead and go home to get some sleep. if your not strong for him, then no one is gonna be worth much. and i promise, if there is a change, i will call you MYSELF. i wont leave him alone, i will be here.
she gave me confidence when i needed it that it is ok for me to sleep.
i felt safe to sleep.
the nurse was the one that let me stand behind the nurses station when a stressful moment was happening. because i was not feeling secure or comfortable. i felt safe there with them.
I could go on and on and on and on.
i appreciate the nurses soooo much. you could win the largest lottery in creation and not begin to even touch their worth.
and i have no idea if i will ever measure up to their standards.
but i am gonna at least learn their trade. im an aid now studying to be a nurse.
to be among such an awlesome group of folks would be like walking among Gods holy angels.
i will always say:
thank you nurses for all you do.
God bless you
rascal

peaches 1

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 11:00 pm
Your child........
My tears fall for you. I don't know what happened to your child, but please know that I care. As a Christian, I believe that no one lives one day longer than God intends. "All the days planned for me were written in your book before I was one day old." Psalms 139:16. You may wonder if you will be a great nurse. But God chose YOU to be that child's mother, because He knew you would be a great one. In Christ, Peaches.

rascal

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 11:23 am
thank you peaches. shawn got cancer. he was a christian. and you know what? It is being turned around for good. I would of never sought becoming a nurse had that experience never of happened.
And another thing, I am able to relate to people whom have lost someone near and dear. That would of never happened either , had shawn stayed.
I cant lift like other aids, and i get skittish when combatative patients start, but whatever I can offer, I am trying to offer to benefit others.
with a huge heart.
nurses are people with huge hearts. Nurses can keep a secret. Nurses watch needs of others on a daily basis; and good nurses attempt to meet those needs;even if no one else notices.
nurses are intelligent. nurses are beautiful from the inside out. nurses are there when you gain ground in your recovery;even if the family isnt there. nurses are courageous. nurses handle bad news better than most. nurses cry with you and laugh with you.
nurses are plain and simply God's handiwork. part of His love,mercy, compassion, and practical helpers.
many may not truely appreciate you but dont let that stop you.
Nurses are excellent. Thank you nurses for what you do. and thanks peaches.
rascal
ps. we will all see our loved ones again. death is just a door to another part of our eternal existance. the waiting 2 C, can be hard. but we will C them again.

lberghood

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 10:03 pm
God bless you rascal and you will make an awesome nurse!

LokiRn93

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 12:36 am
What is a Nurse?
AMEN!!!! Jeremyrn

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » what is a nurse?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 01:47:34