Taking the NCLEX One year after Graduation

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Taking the NCLEX One year after Graduation

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 10:06 pm
Taking the NCLEX One year after Graduation
I graduated from Nursing School on May 21, 2004 and I still have to take boards. I had back surgery one week after graduation and had complications. I had internal bleeding and had to have an exploratory abdominal surgery to find and stop the bleeding. I spent two months in the hospital and I am still going to therapy for nerve damage to my left leg. I was just wondering if anyone out there taken the NCLEX so long after graduation, and if so, how did it turn out? Rolling Eyes

mrln1971

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 10:14 pm
that is not even such a long time. Just get in touch with the latest review materials used in the board exms. Ask around from people who recently took the test and ask good review books. Good Luck!

msmelinda21

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 10:29 pm
mrln1971 wrote:
that is not even such a long time. Just get in touch with the latest review materials used in the board exms. Ask around from people who recently took the test and ask good review books. Good Luck!

Thanks. I am currently enrolled in the Kaplan Review Course which begins on May 19. It was $299. I hope it's worth it. I'll let you know.

LisaRN

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 03:37 pm
the Kaplan course is well worth it. Alot of my friends took it and passed the frist time. I didnt take it.....and didnt pass the first time...but took the course in time for my re-test......just study really well....you shouldnt have a problem...

good luck

LisaRN

msmelinda21

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 10:43 pm
LisaRN wrote:
the Kaplan course is well worth it. Alot of my friends took it and passed the frist time. I didnt take it.....and didnt pass the first time...but took the course in time for my re-test......just study really well....you shouldnt have a problem...

good luck

LisaRN

Thanks LisaRN,

I hope to see my name with those two little letters after it (MelindaRN). It looks good, huh. 8)

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Taking the NCLEX One year after Graduation
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/17/2024 at 07:38:44