Nurse with a DUI

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Nurse with a DUI

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Glommus

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 08:09 pm
Nurse with a DUI
I am not a nurse but my sister is. Just prior to graduating from school, she got a DUI and has had a very difficult time not only getting a job, but getting her license.

Has anyone else here experienced this situation? Are there any options for her at all? At the moment times are really tough for her and we just want her to start working. Any help you can offer would be very much appreciated.

NuttRN

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 02:16 pm
I worked with a student that was in a very similar situation. He was able to take the board exam, but it took much longer for him to get approved for examination. Boards typically want all the official court documents, rehab statements if applicable, personal statements, etc. They take their sweet time reviewing and processing all that, but as long as it's just an isolated DUI and no evidence of repeat offense or habitual abuser, etc. it should go through. Expect at least an extra month delay.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Nurse with a DUI
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 09:15:39