1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Termination

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

iggasuz

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 11:49 am
Termination
Hey...anyone out there...
Have you been terminated from a nursing position? How did you handle it? Did you have difficulty getting a new job? Do you have any helpful hints in manageing the job seeking/reference quandry post-termination?

I'd appreciate any input...

Desparately seeking....a new position !!!

Ginger Snap

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 01:28 pm
Once, and no, it was not hard to find another job, mainly because I spent 10 years at that institution, and I gained so much valuable experience doing it, there never was a question about getting another job. Most places would be glad to get a nurse with half of my kind of experience.

Remember, you always have other people to use as references when you do a job hunt, so one employer is not going to be your final judge and jury.

The main issue is to realize that job-hunting is about selling yourself. What are the positive things you can say about the job you just left? What did you learn there, and what areas do you need to improve on? What was it about that job that made it not work for you? The answers to these questions will help you determine what you should do next, and how you will answer those questions during job interviews.

LisaRN

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 05:14 pm
Yes I have and no I really didn't have much difficulty, at least not professionally speaking. I had other problems to contend with.

LisaRN

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Termination
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 09:28:32