ACLS

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

RN2Be

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 09:59 pm
ACLS
I have the opportunity to further ed. with ACLS and some other training. None is required. Do you recomend taking and certifying right out of school, or should I wait a year then certify?

Ginger Snap

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 11:39 pm
Get some experience first. This isn't a horse race, and you have time to pick up all of the certifications your heart (or job) desires. Some things, like ACLS make a lot more sense when you have a little experience under your belt.

LisaRN

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 03:01 pm
Take advantage of all classes, inservices, and certifications that you can get. They will help you in your career.....learning, knowledge, as well as resume's....employers are impressed with them...

LisaRN

cwatrn

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 11:30 pm
Dear RN2Be, take the class. That is how you get the experience.....Learning and realizing that the learning never stops no matter how much experience you have under your belt.

Nursing 101 is the foundation and all others are the cement/biulding blocks

Good Luck!!!!

nurseparamedic

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 04:23 pm
I am CC nurse and also FF / Paramedic. Regardless if you take class or not you need a sound foundation in general med /surg to build upon.

Granted it is good to get as much education as you can, but being in an area and around people with experience who are applying this training is even better.

Like was posted earlier, you are not a "horse race". Take time in making your decisions as to what you want from nursing. Chances are you will change direction a few times til you find your "nook".

DiplomaRN

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 05:42 am
There are some jobs though that will require you to have ACLS along with other cert. L&D in most places require it as we recover c-sections. Just something to think about. ACLS was a requirement for graduation at the school that I went to.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 03:40:13