OPTIONS?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » OPTIONS?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 08:45 am
OPTIONS?
Well thanks to everyone who answered my last question.

I have a new problem. I have a few job offers but the two I am Looking at the most are as follows:

1. I will be working in a rural hospital, I would mostly be in the ER but I would also work Med-Surg floor and OB.

The other option.

2. I could work in the areas main hospital in the ER.

Option 1 is a small hospital that stays fairly busy, the Pay is a little better than option 2. And I will get to work all the different areas of the hospital. I am just not sure that I being a male should work OB. I would be the Only Male OB nurse. And the hospital is going through hard financial times.

Option 2 is the biggest and busiest hospital in the area. The have a 16 bed ER that is always full. They also have a flight team and an ICU that give a person room for advancement. However they have a high nurse turn rate in the ER due to burn out form being under staffed. They are building a new hospital that will be finished in 2011, that will have a 25 bed ER and they will be hiring a lot more staff.

There are my options. Which would you choose and Why? Thanks for your help.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » OPTIONS?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 09:22:24