Which offer to take

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Which offer to take

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

RN2Be

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 09:58 pm
Which offer to take
I am a new grad, as of May 12. I have 7 job offers waiting for me to reply. I am having a hard time deciding on which position to take, the Post Partum (for 2-6 months, then go to NICU or L&D) with more pay, or the Cardiac Step Down position for less pay? Any experience or replies are welcome.

Ginger Snap

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 11:37 pm
Take the job that puts you where you want to be. If you think you would like to be a NICU nurse or L&D nurse, then go for it. If you are not sure, then take the Cardiac Stepdown.

My first job as an RN was doing postpartum for 6 months, then L&D. I've never regretted that decision, because I knew I did not want to do Med/Surg, having plenty of that in my background as an LPN. So do what your heart tells you to do, and you won't regret it.

LisaRN

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 03:04 pm
My advise, straight out of nursing school, is to take a job that will give you the best experience.....this would be anything Med-Surg. OB, L & D are great....but they wont offer all of the opportunities for learning that other areas in a hospital with. Your skills are still brand new, you need time to learn more and hone in on those skills...to practice them.

After you get some experience under your belt....even 6 months is great...you can move onto something else that you feel you would like...

best of luck
LisaRN

makomarl

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 04:19 pm
I say take the job that will make you the happiest. Your first year of being a RN is not easy, but being in a position where you enjoy the patient population and coworkers will make it better and help you to learn more readily.

RN Recruiter

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 01:20 pm
Go where you think you will enjoy it the most. Must nurses who call me looking for work are only looking because they don't like what they do. There is such a shortage right now that the money will follow you. Work in the department where you have the most interest in rather than what pays the most. I think you will be happier that way.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Which offer to take
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:34:07