new graduate...looking for advice and wisdom.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » new graduate...looking for advice and wisdom.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

tracib

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 02:13 pm
new graduate...looking for advice and wisdom.
I will be graduating soon. Very nervous about what is to come. Looking for any advise from experienced nursing or recent graduates that may help ease my transition.

2542Daniel7

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 08:27 pm
I just got my RN license in january, and it isn't real easy finding a job right now in my home state of Minnesota. There is a hiring freeze in many places. Right now nursing homes seem more willing to hire than hospitals or clinics. I did apply at hospital in Texas via the web, and they contacted me the next day and offered to fly me down for an interview, so if you're willing to travel...
Don't give up, the economy is bound to get better. Good luck!

ealmodovar65

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 06:26 pm
First, you need to study, the strategies taught by the nclex books are the key to passing. You can find books on nlcex at Google book search. Some parts of the books are missing, but they will get you started in the right direction. Also, go to different book stores and look around. If you need a good review course online, Hurst was cheap and very good. Search Hurst. Finally answer as many questions as you can. Good Luck

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » new graduate...looking for advice and wisdom.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 10:14:03