Hi! :) Considering nursing career, have a few questions ..

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Hi! :) Considering nursing career, have a few questions ..

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 06:28 am
Hi! Smile Considering nursing career, have a few questions ..
Hi Smile I'm seriously considering a job in nursing, but am curious about a few things.
Is it harder to get hired in a hospital or in a private practice?
Are most of the nurses in private practices LPNs or RNs ?
Is there a difference in pay generally for nurses in hospital setting vs. private practice?
Is a "lactation consultant" a lucrative job? Are they (lactation consultants) rns or lpns or can they be neither?
The only certified midwives are RN midwives right?
What are some nursing specialties that have higher pay? , I'm not overly money hungry but I hate to worry about bills.
Are there any hospital technicians (i.e. MRI) that make comparable salaries to RNs? (I think? I'd like a job in the medical field but am open to other non-nursing? options)
Do nurses have a strong union?

Thanks SO much for any help I like to be really informed before I make a big decision like this. Thanks! Smile

Mrrick555

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 08:02 am
When you say private practice I assume you mean a Doctors office, Most Doctors prefer experienced nurses. Yes hospitals generally pay more! The allure of a Doctors office is having an 8-5 job with most weekends off. Specialty nursing pays the most ie: ICU/ER ect... Most of these nurses have additional training and certifications that are required of them. If you decided to be a travel nurse these specialties offer the most options. But these high stress areas come at a price! They have a huge turnover rate! It is one of the toughest areas and the burnout rate is high!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Hi! :) Considering nursing career, have a few questions ..
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:25:15