1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Underboard looking for job related experience

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Mac17

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 12:17 am
Underboard looking for job related experience
Hi all,

This is my first time posting here, hopefully you guys can steer me in the right direction.

I'm currently underboard (still working on it) and wanting to gain some hands-on experience. The prob is, it's tough to get a nurse related job for an underboard like me without any experience. It's like the "chicken or the egg". I won't even mind volunteer work. It's been quite awhile since I graduated with an RN degree, but never worked as a nurse.

I would love to get some kind of nursing job to help me refresh my mind about my degree. Took the NCLEX before but due to my mind being stale from lack of practice, I did not pass it. I really think a clinical or any nursing related job can help me pass the test.

Thanks in advance! Smile

RNSC

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 12:46 pm
I worked as an assistant (volunteer) at a free medical clinic while going to nursing school, and also worked as a tech in an ED and also as a phlebotomist. All of this helped. plus I love to learn.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Underboard looking for job related experience
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/13/2024 at 07:48:31