just finished nursing school, tough situation.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » just finished nursing school, tough situation.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 08:32 am
just finished nursing school, tough situation.
Hello everyone!
I just finished nursing school at the college of new rochelle in ny this December. It is my second bachelors degree and I am really excited about nursing. However, due to my horrible credit, lack of funds and recent break up with my girlfriend I have found myself in a really difficult situation. I left the college of new rochelle owing them roughly 3500 a manageable figure. However, yesterday I was hit with news from my school that she has found a way to terminate a loan she cosigned for and now I owe the school 10K. I do not know where I'm going to get this money but I was told I cannot take the NCLEX and would not be allowed to work on permit until this sum is paid. Does anyone have any GOOD advice or know of any program that may be able to help me accomplish this feat in return for a commitment. At this point I'm willing to go anywhere.. Thanks in advance.

niceone09

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 05:43 pm
that sucks
First of all, hope you are in a better situation now. If not, I think the best advice is to just find a job that will allow you to pay off your $10k debt. In terms of your girlfriend terminating your loan, that doesn't make any sense ,unfortunately. My husband actually works for a Loan company and said that there is no way a cosigner can cancel your loan once it has been initiated. The borrower (you) may have completed the loan application incorrectly or may have failed to provide the lender additional information to successfully complete the loan. Anyways, you should check out different policies regarding loan forgiveness for nurses in states like FL, VA, CT, and MD. Good luck.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » just finished nursing school, tough situation.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 06:49:05