Job opportunities

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Job opportunities

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

boo0880

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 04:27 pm
Job opportunities
Do people with a BSN have better job opportunities than people with a ADN? In this area they don't but I was just wondering about in other areas.

Ginger Snap

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 12:40 am
Depends on what you mean by "Job Opportunities". If you just want a simple RN job in an acute care, long-term care facility, or in home health, then it really doesn't matter. But if you would like to keep as many options open to you as possible, then the BSN is going to serve you better in the long run.

I've been both an ADN and BSN. Since I got my BSN, I've worked in far more interesting jobs that have offered me the benefit of seeing how our entire healthcare system functions. I've also done things like work on producing the databases that comprise the PDR. If I were ever to want to teach or become an Advance Practice Nurse, then a BSN would put me much closer to achieving that goal (since a Master's is usually required for these positions).

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Job opportunities
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 01:47:05