nights vs. days

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » nights vs. days

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 12:36 am
nights vs. days
I am hired to start out on nights and I am dreading it. I have been precepting days for my last nursing class & I am content with it. I am worried that nights won't keep me up to speed. Any suggestions or comments?

Ginger Snap

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 12:24 am
Depends on where you're going to work. Some specialities (like L&D) , nights can be every bit as exciting and challenging as days.

Don't fret too much about working nights. In the beginning, you are going to need to take your time and understand not only what you are doing, but why. The pace on day shift can be pretty hectic, tiring, and stressful, and if you are a new grad, you need to work in an environment where things are not quite so fast-paced. You'll still learn plenty on nights.

mrln1971

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 09:11 pm
I have been a night shift nurse for years and I love it. You will get use to the schedule.Night shift activity is different from days or PM's. We have our own responsibilities different from days and it is not as busy as working during day shift but of course that is not always the case. Dont worry. Youll be fine.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » nights vs. days
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 07:13:19