electronic charting vs. paper charting

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » electronic charting vs. paper charting

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 12:33 am
electronic charting vs. paper charting
I am hired to work at a hospital that is just switching to computer charting. It is time consuming & looking up current v.s. & b.s. are also time consuming. Does it get better?

Ginger Snap

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 12:19 am
You will get faster at entering information about your patients. Can't say that as a bedside nurse you will every really like computerized charting, but it is better for the entire healthcare system if we move to Electronic Medical Records

araphaelameritechnet

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 06:21 pm
computer charting
computer charting is the best thing out there it protects you as a nurse. The computer has all the options so you will not forget to chart important information also it keeps it uniform so the patient care stays consistant. You will get much faster and it will save you alot of time and more time for patient care.

ONCRNinNYC

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 11:14 am
I wholeheartedly agree. In addition, I think it expedites a lot of things that used to take forever in the hospital. You see orders right away and so does the pharmacy. The main thing is that you can really chart as you go through your day. I used to have to gather up all my charts and hide in a corner. Just as I was started to chart, I would get called away by my patient and my charts would disappear. Now I can chart a little here, a little there, and care for patients in between. It does take time to get used to, but I think it is overall an EXTREMELY positive change.

-Julie

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » electronic charting vs. paper charting
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:47:58