Float pool

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Float pool

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

care4U

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 10:04 pm
Float pool
What would you suggest a float pool offers to help keep employees drawn the the position??

Bmacfie

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 10:13 pm
float pool
ONE float per 12 hr shift. I hated floating for the remaining 4 hrs of the 7-7 then starting on yet another floor at 11p.

care4U

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 10:35 pm
that is a great suggestion...any others???

ImmuneNurse

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 08:00 pm
Same benefits as regular employees when you work a certain number of hours. Especially tuition reimbursement. I worked somewhere that offered this and it was a real easy decision to go there as I was furthering my education.

care4U

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 08:22 pm
that is definately an incentive. how do you guys feel about increased wages or a quartly bonus check for floating nurses?

TeleNurseboy

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 08:28 pm
i am always for more money, but it is still a nurse job. you should be paid for the area that you work the most ie icu, er etc.

ImmuneNurse

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 06:56 pm
Floating incentive
Nothing wrong with more money but, it does not address most nurses concern:lack of knowledge or experience in an area so, what about paid orientation in multiple areas this would address that as well as patient safety.

KatieRNWisconsin

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 06:48 am
float pool
I chose the float pool specifically because of the job description. Some nurses prefer stability and do not do well floating. There is another type of nurse that thrives on excitement and change and, when "stuck on one floor" feels boredom and discontent faster than type I. I think it's important that this is differentiated in the interview process. Also-I make a small differential for floating but ultimately-it only adds to my content in the decision not to commit to one floor

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Float pool
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 06:27:38