ANA realeased statement on case of Terri Schiavo

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » ANA realeased statement on case of Terri Schiavo

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 11:40 am
ANA realeased statement on case of Terri Schiavo
I can't believe no one has discussed this yet on this site! I know you will all have your oponion. Please feel free to voice it.

RN2Be

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 12:32 pm
Thank you for bringing this up. I had not heard of this ANA release.

I was really turned off by the whole Schrivo case. I had a hard time understanding the "big deal" about this case, where there are so many others across our nation very similar to this one. I was pleased to read the ANA release on the topic, and relieved to learn that I shared the same view. We need to remember that our patients come first, if there are other issues involved, they will always make a change in the way we go about the care or outcome for our patients. However, our patients dignity, respect for wishes and care should always come first, irregaurdless of the issues.

I also have had the oppinion that only good thing to come out of all the publicity is to make more people aware of the importance of living wills, DNR's, and all of the other "legalities" of life adn death.

hal248

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 12:32 pm
HCP, DNR
It amazes me to day when you ask some on if they have a health care proxy or advanced directive they have no clue what you are talking about.
I also believe that the federal goverment and state legislatures should keep there noses out of individual situations unless they are writing a law to affect us all.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » ANA realeased statement on case of Terri Schiavo
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:17:54