funding available for student nurses

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » funding available for student nurses

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 03:17 pm
funding available for student nurses
i was wondering if anyone could help me im starting uni in sep to do a diploma in mental health nursing and have applied to saas for a student loan.I read that as a single person you can be awarded 6,500 for the yr.I rent a flat that is expensive and i dont think that will be enough for me to live.i was wondering if there is any grants available to help people with their housing costs.Any feedback would be appreciated Confused

jonny0000

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 04:18 am
As far as grants go I am unsure, but I think taunton Uni has a course where you can earn money as you learn

asawyer3

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 01:29 am
Re: funding available for student nurses
chillisys wrote:
i was wondering if anyone could help me im starting uni in sep to do a diploma in mental health nursing and have applied to saas for a student loan.I read that as a single person you can be awarded 6,500 for the yr.I rent a flat that is expensive and i dont think that will be enough for me to live.i was wondering if there is any grants available to help people with their housing costs.Any feedback would be appreciated Confused

Most states do offer a grant for Nursing students. However, "grant" is a loose term for it. It is more like a work-off loan. The program will front the money for your schooling, but you have to sign a contract to work for a certain amount of time after you receive your degree.

For example, in GA, the amount per year is $7500, but have to sign a 2 year agreement to be a nurse in Ga after your schooling. If you break the contract, you have to repay the loan.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » funding available for student nurses
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 01:13:07