RN / CNA ratio

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » RN / CNA ratio

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

acadh

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 07:30 am
RN / CNA ratio
I work on a medical- telemetry unit in Iowa. We are looking at revising our staffing ratios. I have been reading about the California ratios which are better than ours. My question for everyone across the US is- are you using CNAs also ( and if so at what CNA/ patient ratio) or are your nurses doing total patient care?

paigerizme

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 07:53 am
Depends on the hospital and unit- med/surg and tele at my hospital have CNA's and the ration varies from night to night, but about 15:1 with the RN on tele at 4:1 ratio and med surg RN with 5:1- we also have LVNs who have the same ratio as the RN but the RN does the IVs ( am in Ca.)----so the ratios do vary with the LVN and CNA as they are not mandated

jody1

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 08:04 pm
Re: RN / CNA ratio
acadh wrote:
I work on a medical- telemetry unit in Iowa. We are looking at revising our staffing ratios. I have been reading about the California ratios which are better than ours. My question for everyone across the US is- are you using CNAs also ( and if so at what CNA/ patient ratio) or are your nurses doing total patient care?
I have worked in long term care (nursing homes for most of my life. As a LPN the last ten years. The last place I worked I started 2 years ago with 16 residents two cna's and myself on 2-10 shift. I just gave my 2-weeks notice and quite because I now have 41 residents , 2CNA's and they refused to get me any more help. I never dreamed that with so many more residents that they would not give me any more help. Just call me in office and complain about being 1/2 and more overtime lately. I am not working but looking for a job. I feel very used and discusted. Jody1

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » RN / CNA ratio
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 01:40:59