Moderate Hearing Loss a Hindrance for Getting a Nursing Job?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Moderate Hearing Loss a Hindrance for Getting a Nursing Job?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 05:50 am
Moderate Hearing Loss a Hindrance for Getting a Nursing Job?
Hi,

I have a friend who is a student nurse. She has a moderate sensorineural hearing loss (she can barely hear audible high pitch sounds) and an audiometry test confirmed this. She has satisfactory hearing when it comes to everyday conversations. The only solution now is for her to use a hearing aid to enhance her hearing.

Would her hearing deficiency be a problem when she applies for a nursing job in the U.S.A.? Do they accept nurses who use hearing aids?

I hope someone here has a knowledge on this matter.

Thanks,
Joey

natetaylor1

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 03:51 am
hearing loss
i have a high freq hearing loss and it hasnt been a real hinderance at this point. you can buy an amplified stethascope to hear sounds better. i know a couple of really good doctors that wear hearing aids to work and theyre better than most.

firefighter38111

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 10:16 pm
hearing loss
it hasnt hindered me. i have 60% in the left and 40% functional hearing in the right due to my military experinces but my coworkers know me well and will help me hear pages i may not hear. it can also be a huge help ..it does help turn some of the bitching sounds down.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Moderate Hearing Loss a Hindrance for Getting a Nursing Job?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 08:12:39