Where were we?

1. xFamily
  2. » Contact Editors
  3. » Where were we?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 06:04 pm
Where were we?
Hi, I'm struggling to piece my early years together and I am haunted by vague disturbing memories of scenery and things I don't understand from the early '70's. My mother says we stayed in communes at times and that we were in a commune in Colorado when I was three (1971) for quite a while, though it might have been '72. There are reasons to think the COG/Family was the group we stayed with at least part of that time. I need help figuring it out.
It might not have been Colorado I'm remembering but I think it was from the scenery I recall. We went to a lot of places. We spent plenty of time all around the West Coast as well. There was a huge lovely field, meadows and a road tha went into a pretty hilly town with high-peaked roofs, a cute city. The commune had multiple buildings, extremely eclectic styles inside and lots of people. Low tables, few chairs, a stained-glass window in an attic room, rough pine or fir beams in other rooms, Victorian house with lace curtains and mirrored doors, I think that was where there were little rowhouses along the dirt road as well, apple trees, sheds, possible a long greenhouse (?) with tarp covered in drawings or pictograms, a big garden. Mountainside views. I need to know if any of this is familiar to anyone or if someone has any way of finding out where we were. I can't ask Mom.

1. xFamily
  2. » Contact Editors
  3. » Where were we?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 09:11:20